Be aware of immigration consultants, notarios, or tax preparers.
Find help from trusted immigration attorneys and legal service providers.
What is a notario?
- Notarios are NOT lawyers;
- Notarios are NOT accredited representatives approved by the government;
- Often, notarios use the term “notario publico” to advertise their services;
- Notarios CANNOT give legal advice!!!
Tips & Strategies to avoid fraud
1. Get a recommendation
2. Check for credentials
3. Check for past disciplinary actions
4. Identify areas of expertise
5. Stay informed
6. Get a written contract
7. Keep copies